Dorfromantik is a building strategy and puzzle video game developed and published by Toukana Interactive. It was published on March 25, 2021.
Dorfromantik is a relaxing building strategy and puzzle game in which you place tiles to create ever-growing, idyllic village landscapes. With Dorfromantik, you can immerse yourself in a quiet, peaceful world at any time and take a break from everyday life. At the same time, Dorfromantik offers a challenge for those who are looking for one: To beat the highscore, you need to carefully plan and strategically place your tiles.
- Easy to dive-in gameloop, which enables short play sessions in between any stressful schedule
- Rewarding feedback loops, focussing on short term motivation, but also providing long term goals to achieve with unlockable new tiles
- Matchless mix between puzzle and building strategy core game mechanic
- High replayability by procedurally generated quest and tile systems
- Unique artstyle with haptic, handpainted board game feel and high readability through an UI system that is integrated into the games environment
- Relaxing mood achieved through the games pace, mechanic, colors and sounds
In Dorfromantik you start with a stack of procedurally generated tiles. One after the other, you draw the top tile of the stack, place it on one available slot and rotate for the best fit. Thereby groups and combinations of landscapes are formed, such as forests, villages or water bodies, and you are rewarded with points depending on how well the tile fits.
|Landscapes (Forest · Village · Water body) · Points · Tiles|